I made Nutella… homemade. I wasn’t sure if it would turn out but it tastes really good so I’ll consider that something of a success. Now I just need to figure out what to use it on.
Yesterday I made slow cooker beef stew and some biscuits which came out good as well.
I had beef stew for dinner last night and again for lunch today.
The weather is beginning to turn and the days are getting darker way, way too early.
In the past, I used to say that this is my least favorite part of the year and nothing has changed in that regard. I once said I’d like to hibernate going down the day before Halloween and waking up on New Year’s Day. I don’t like shorter days, I don’t like the cold.
After the five weeks of hell with work I’m suddenly at a loss as things have quieted down a great deal. There are still things to do but the frenetic pace no longer exists since I have gotten 100 items out the door and less than 20 now remain.
There were so many long days I suddenly have to shift my focus back to non work. It’s not as easy as it sounds.
I have to make clam chowder next.
And there is a ton of stuff I have to do to weather proof the house for winter and also to get the yard into shape.
This year, I already have an invitation for Thanksgiving and I’m happy about that. The Thursday begins a period of a six day block of being off from work but now I’m worried about what’s next because my contract ends at the end of the year and they’re being cagey about what will happen. No one is saying anything about me staying on and I’ve reached out about open positions but I don’t have much hope because I was told the group head who got promoted is working with the hiring managers.
So, there’s that.
I can’t afford not to work but at the same time I could be ready to not work if my financial situation were different. In the meantime, there are lots of things on the personal side to take care of besides cooking. So much to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment